July 13th & 14th from 8am to 5pm Pacific Daylight Time
(8 hours both days with breaks, including a lunch break. It will be recorded for those who cannot attend live.)
How can you effectively help the client who struggles with inner conflicts?
The Parts Therapy workshop is experiential and is a MUST for any hypnotherapist not totally familiar with parts therapy or one of its variations. Often using different names, others emulate this profoundly beneficial technique taught and practiced by the late Charles Tebbetts.
Someone strongly desiring to attain a goal, but who also experiences self-sabotage, may be a prime candidate for PARTS THERAPY.
Competently facilitated, Parts Therapy often helps people get past barriers when other techniques are insufficient. However, there are pitfalls that must be avoided in order to maximize results for your clients.
All who attend a Parts Therapy workshop will receive a participant workbook. A certificate of professional education in Parts Therapy will be provided to all who attend both days (CEUs). Plus, an optional “Certified Parts Therapy Facilitator” certificate from the Tebbetts Parts Therapy Foundation is available for those who choose to meet additional testing requirements.
Objectives: Participants will learn…
1. Explain the concept of Parts Therapy;
2. Compare Parts Therapy with several other similar techniques such as Ego State Therapy;
3. Summarize the four objectives that constitute the foundation of Client-Centered Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy;
4. Assess when Parts Therapy is indicated;
5. Explain to a client how Parts Therapy is a way to mediate inner conflicts between different parts of the client's personality;
6. Utilize hypnotic techniques in order to adequately prepare the client for the Parts Therapy process;
7. Properly apply the eleven steps of the Parts Therapy process (or protocol) to help a client resolve an inner conflict;
8. Practice the Parts Therapy steps through group role play;
9. Demonstrate the preferred technique for integrating the parts before emerging the client;
10. Use hypnotic suggestions and imagery to help the subconscious accept the resolution as fitting and viable;
11. Observe demonstrations of the application of the 11-Step Process (protocol);
12. Explain the conceptual and clinical rationale for each step of the Parts Therapy process.
1. Learning Objectives
2. Introduction and Overview
3. Variations of Parts Therapy
4. Important Background Information: The Four Hypnotherapeutic Steps to Facilitate Change; What Is Parts Therapy?; Which Hypnotherapy Objectives Can Parts Therapy Fulfill?; Hypnotic Regressions: Cautions; When Is Parts Therapy Appropriate?; Ideomotor Responding and Psychodynamics; Ideomotor Questions to Assess Symptom Psychodynamics
5. When Is Parts Therapy Appropriate?
Sometimes it is obvious, but not always; Ideomotor Responding and Psychodynamics; Scripts for Setting Up Ideomotor Response Signals; Ideomotor Questions to Assess Symptom Psychodynamics
6. Exploring Parts Therapy: Article written by Charles Tebbetts; An Important 1990 Update; Other Updates; Overview of Important Procedures
7. The Parts Therapy Session: Preparation (First Phase of Parts Therapy); The 11-Step Process (the Second Phase of Parts Therapy); Conclusion (Third Phase, Concluding the Parts Therapy Session)
8. Avoiding Potential Pitfalls
9. Parts Therapy for Pain Management*
10. Unresolved Past Grief*
11. For the Open-Minded: Exploring our spiritual potential and more…*
12. Demonstration and Concluding Comments
*Topics 9 through 11 will be covered based on the combination of remaining time and group interest.
Role play exercises are included, as well as breaks as needed throughout each day.
Roy Hunter is the published author of two hypnosis texts based on the teachings of the late Charles Tebbetts, as well as Hypnosis for Inner Conflict Resolution: Introducing Parts Therapy (Crown House Publishing, 2005).
Early Bird Bonus
If you register before July 1, as a bonus you’ll get access to a rare video of the late great Charles Tebbets facilitating a Parts Therapy session with an epileptic called “A Miracle on Demand.” This is a piece of history which has survived to this day. Value $59. Free for Early Bird registration only.